Central Ohio Academy of Physical Education
The Central Ohio Academy of Physical Educators exists to provide professional development opportunities for physical educators, to advocate for quality physical education in our schools and to provide an environment where physical educators can interact as a community of professionals.
- 2009 OAHPERD convention Dec 2-4th
- AAHPERD 2009 National Convention & Exposition March 31 to April 4, Tampa, Florida
- Dublin PE Summer Institute is August 11(8-4) and 12 (8-3) at Scottish Corners. One credit hour from Ashland will be offered.
Click here for a list on state and national physical education and coaching conferences.
- The Ohio Project: Progress in Preventing Childhood/Youth Obesity How Do We Measure Up? A policy analysis by Daryl Siedentop and graduate students at OSU released to legislators, school boards, principles and newspapers.
- Click here for the PowerPoint CDC Obesity trends 1985-2006.
- On December 11, 2007 the Ohio State Board of Education adopted the NASPE Standards as Ohio’s Physical Education Standards!
- Download here the resolution of the action presented to and approved by the State Board of Education.
- Download here: A new Johns Hopkins study makes a powerful statement in support of PE grades 8-12. As districts begin considering course offerings and staff assignments for 2008-09; this study will be helpful in influencing the decision of school policy makers (administrators, school board members, educators, counselors, and parents) as to the value of adolescent physical education.
Lawmakers hope a return to physical education programs will help kids slim down and stay fit. Arkansas, Florida, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Oregon and Texas all passed laws this session with requirements for how much time students must spend in physical education classes or organized physical activity during the school day.